The Case of Minnie Turner

Prologue: Minnie Harper is Discovered

Friday, September 1, 2017 – 12:00 PM EST:

Right at midnight, a massive burst of Essence was released somewhere between Harpers Crossing and New Hope. Every Gifted individual within over 50 miles felt it. The Essence tasted of the grave and death and something else. Something tainted. As suddenly as it began, the Essence burst ended. Something had happened. Something bad.

Saturday, September 2, 2017 – 10:30 AM EST:

A Harpers Crossing local, Trevon Caraballo, was hiking in the woods just north of the Potomac River outside Harpers Crossing when stumbled across a young woman stumbling through the woods. She had short hair dyed black, a torn and bloodied thin white dress, and no shoes. The woman was Minnie Turner, another Harpers Crossing native who disappeared a year ago.

She was clearly injured and traumatized, so Mr. Caraballo called the Harper’s Crossing Sheriff’s Department and an ambulance.

While helping her, Trevon noticed the red numeral “9” on her right shoulder blade. The police and the paramedics noticed it as well.

Saturday, September 2, 2017 – 01:00 PM EST:

The first of the reporters began pulling into Harpers Crossing in their vans and trucks. The calls to Mayor Edwin Danforth Stowell, Sheriff John Brown, and other officials had begun almost immediately after Minnie was found.

How was this possible? Kevin Meadows had been arrested as the “New Hope Devil” twenty years ago and was still sitting on Death Row. Was it a copycat? Was it possible they caught the wrong man and Kevin Meadows wasn’t the New Hope Devil after all?

The exact location of Minnie was kept secret and she was under police protection, but a press release said she was in stable condition, but had suffered significant physical and psychological trauma. She had slipped into a coma in the ambulance and had not yet awakened.

The town officials announced a vigil would be held the next night for Minnie in the Harpers Crossing town park.

Saturday, September 2, 2017 – 07:00 PM EST:

An FBI team, lead by Special Agents Giselle Elder and Tom Garland landed in the Pat Gleason Memorial Airport in New Hope. Arrangements had begun hours before and they were met by representatives from the New Hope Police Department. The newly formed combined task force arrived in Harpers Crossing about an hour later.

Meanwhile, as far away as New Hope, ghosts are drawn towards Harpers Crossing. It doesn’t matter whether they’re mindless echoes or powerful wraiths, and whether they are normally tied to anchors or free to travel as they wish, they all come. An exodus of ghosts begins to converge. They can’t cross the Potomac or Shenandoah rivers and are gathering like bystanders around an accident.

Sunday, September 3, 2017:

Our story begins…


jbteller4 jbteller4

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.